When you see new pimples resurfacing, it’s difficult to resist the urge to squeeze the life out of it. Many dermatologists are against the idea of popping a pimple. An incorrect way of popping may lead to infection and scarring. Remember, there are ways to pop a pimple, most often not, it’s done by dermatologists.
In this article, learn everything about these uninvited guests.
Popping bubble wrap is fun but not pimples! Do you agree with us? Here’s everything you need to know about popping pimples. Click here to read more.
What Are the Types of Pimples?
Skins house pores that are often clogged with pus and oil. During which, pimples or cysts are formed.
The following are some of the types of pimples.
Deep acne is red and inflamed; they are difficult to remove. This type of blemishes causes scarring.
Blackheads are formed when the pores are clogged by oil and dead skin. When these two are exposed to air, they turn black.
Whiteheads arise when the pores are clogged with oil and dead skin cells but they cause pus under your skin.
Why Shouldn’t You Pop Your Pimples?
If you have a habit of popping pimples, we are giving you the right reasons not to do it. Here are some of them.
- It can cause acne scarring.
- When you pop a pimple, the pus and bacteria from the infected pore spread to other areas and wreak havoc.
- Popping stunts your body’s natural healing process. Therefore, pimples may take longer than usual to heal.
- In some cases, popping may push the bacterias and pus down the skin and that furthermore worsens the condition.
Like mentioned earlier, there are right ways to pop the pimple. If you are anyway going about popping it, do it the right way. Here are some practical tips that help you.
- Wait until it turns white. Popping before can cause too much pain and scarring.
- Before popping, wash your hands thoroughly. Unwashed hands may introduce more bacteria into your skin.
- You can apply over-the-counter medication such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to loosen up the blemishes.
- Use the needle for whiteheads and make sure to sterilize it with alcohol beforehand. However, don’t follow the same procedure for blackheads.
- Rub a small amount of alcohol on to the pimple area. That way you can avoid spreading of bacteria.
How to Prevent Breakouts?
“Prevention is better than cure” The same goes for acne. Here’s what you can do before they occur.
- Always avoid touching your face. That may introduce bacteria and dirt.
- Always clean your face or take a shower after working out.
- Wash your face twice a day and use a mild cleanser for that purpose. Avoid harsh cleansers as they can cause more breakouts.
- If you decide to pop a pimple, get it done once and for all. Do not keep going back to squeezing it over and over again.
- If you have a severe acne problem, consult a dermatologist and seek their advice.
The best way to get rid of pimples without any hassle is by using pimple patches. Keeping pimple patches overnight or for 5-6 hours takes out all the puss and delivers acne-free face in no time.